Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remebering 9/11 and never forgetting





   13 years ago I was laying in bed with my 5 month old baby boy watching the morning news when every television station was taken over by a special announcement from the president. The news reporters were in tears and you could hear the fear in their voices as you watched the first plane crash into one of the towers of the World Trade Center.  My heart sunk as I watched and heard people scream in fear for their lives. If that wasn't enough I watched as the second plane smash into the second tower and watched it tumble to the ground. The smoke, the screams, the cries. I watched in confusion trying to convince myself it had to be some sort of mistake. There was no way any one would want to intentionally hurt so many people.






   It was an eye opening experience for me. It showed me how ignorant and blind I was to all of the hatred the world holds. I remember sitting up clutching my son and crying for hours. Trying to wrap my brain around what was happening and why! My entire house hold was silent. All you could hear were cries coming from the television. We sat and watch in terror wondering if it was over or If they would continue to strike us blindly while the entire nation sat and watched.



   13 years ago was a devastating time for all Americans, Young and old. Whether you new someone directly hit by this tragedy or if you were just an American watching the horror unfold it hit home and hit pretty darn hard! Even though it has been 13 years since the devastating day of  #911 it is still fresh in my mind as I know it is for every American that watched that day unfold.



   I ask all of my viewers to please take a moment to remember the lives lost on that tragic day and say a little prayer for those that lost their loved ones. <3










No comments:

Post a Comment